Friday, April 13, 2012

Garlic Onions Beans WARM Potato Salad



OK, First, go ahead and hot play here... Be sure to watch after the first 45 seconds... It takes a weird turn.



NOW THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT!

But I digress...

It's Springtime and for a few days, highs in the 80's, it felt like SUMMERTIME!  Here's a wonderful fresh crisp salad I whipped together for Easter dinner.

sliced Garlic chips sauteed in a little Olive Oil
Crisp snappy Green Beans Also sauteed in oil for only @2 minutes, then dropped in some ice water to stop the cooking process and set the bright green color
Red Onions, sliced into rings, sauteed in Butter, just for about 10 minutes until the onions soften a bit
Red Potatoes, diced, boiled with the skins on for taste, texture and color
Dusted with some fresh grated Parmesan Reggiano Cheese

And to add to the fresh springtime taste, I made a wonderful GARLICKY Vinaigrette that I drizzled over the top.

That friend to all bloggers, O OLIVE OIL recently sent me a delightful collection of some of their premium artisan PRESSED Oils and Artisanal Hand crafted Vinegars in preparation for a HUGE contest (come back on Monday, April 16 for details; But 24 lucky bloggers will get a chance to test these gastronomic delights themselves).

I chose to add garlic to garlic with a 3 to 1 mix of O Olive Oil's newest creation, 3 parts of a cold pressed garlic Olive Oil added to 1 part of the most amazing White Balsamic Vinegar.





Combined with my 30 pieces of Garlic Grilled London Broil, this was a great introduction to my spring grilling season.  Beautiful presentation with the sliced steak resting on the bed of vegetables.

This year's contest will feature over $1,000 in FREE bundles of O Olive Oil's products, and prizes going to the best "Freshness of Spring" use.  So start pondering now how to use the most delightful pressed oils and artisanal vinegars to make the springtime the best time to ... THINK FRESH!

WELCOME SPRING! and come back on Monday for the details!


4 comments:

  1. I love this type of potato salad. I could happily eat it just by itself without the meat. The steak looks really nicely done though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great looking salad before the beef then it just became awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That salad looks insanely good! I get so tired of mayo-nasey tater salad!
    Thanks Dave!
    Rainey
    Say hello to Jackie for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just watching Anne Burrell today and she did a potato salad with green beans and I thought, "What a great idea!" This looks so colorful, I bet it rocks.

    ReplyDelete